Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Hot Day


Today was damn hot.  I know it was in the upper 80's, but with the humidity, it felt more like 100.  I didn't really work out per say, but i spent all day outside training clients and cleaning up The Garage.  Also, I took a little stroll over to the Washington Waldorf School grounds to test out a couple things for the quickly approaching CrossFit Courage Games 2010.  And I'll tell you what, WOD #2 is going to be AWESOME!

So we all have a long weekend coming up and I think this would be a great time, if you haven't done so already, to get yourself on some sort of program, working towards a small collection of goals for the summer.  My personal fitness goals for the once I have settled into my new home in the West Coast are:

Deadlift 500#
Squat 405#
Strict press #185
100 unbroken Push Ups
60 unbroken kipping/butterfly Pull Ups
5 unbroken Handstand Push Ups
Sub 5:30 mile
Sub 20-minute 5k

I know with my pretty strict programming, and new, dedicated approach to my nutrition, I can achieve all of these.  Even though I feel pretty weak right now.  And while I attack some fun things for myself, I give all my clients/athletes the chance to get some goals for themselves for the summer.  Then, I plan to sit down with them and work with them on a plan to get there.  I say, find a few things, lifts, races, weight, body fat%, etc., sit down and dedicate yourself mentally to the achievement of these things.  Then if you're not sure how to go about pushing yourself towards them, give me a shout, I will be more than happy to help!

Next week welcomes the first week of June.  The first week to your new and improved training programs, nutrition programs, exciting adventures, lives and so on.  It also marks the week I will be sending out the recommended equipment list for the Courage Games.  So, keep following along, some great stuff will be coming out soon!

Never Stop, GET FIT.

Josh Courage

No comments: