Saturday, October 16, 2010

We Are Filthy!

Lindsey lunging away back at The Garage in MD

Todays wonderful challenge for Lindsey and myself:  The Filthy Fifty.  We both did this one back in July and both of us wanted to get a little better (as anyone should of course).  My last score was 19:55 and I remember being pretty pumped about getting a sub-20 time there.  I was so spent!  This time around, we had a couple different things to deal with: first was my awesome new plyo box that has  three-height capabilities (Lindsey hates it, I love it, we'll see how it holds up when I get classes going), next was our crummy little door mounted pull up bar that we had to use for jumping pull ups and knees to elbows.  It worked fine, but it was a little awkward.
My new Plyo Box!

"Filthy Fifty"

For time:
50 Box jump, 24 inch box
50 Jumping pull-ups
50 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood
Walking Lunge, 50 steps
50 Knees to elbows
50 Push press, 45 pounds
50 Back extensions
50 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
50 Burpees
50 Double unders

Started off strong with the box jumps, stringing them together with ease.  Except for a miss-jump around 25, I did them all unbroken, AND, I think I actually did 60 of them.  Oh well.  Everything went well after that, until the knees to elbows.  These got me big time before, and I tried to focus in by stringing 10 or so together at a time, then keeping my breaks as short as possible.  This helped a ton!  Usually when I break from K to E's, I propel my body forward off the bar because that's the direction I am moving.  This leads to me taking a few steps away from the bar before turning around and getting back to work.  I think I probably saved about 3-5 seconds per break here, so I ended up probably saving over a half a minute in total, pretty sweet.  Push presses and back extensions just flew by unbroken, and wall balls felt fine (I dogged these a little, breaking them up three times when I knew I did not have to).  Then came the dreaded burpees.  I actually saved all my time on these, banging out 15 right off the bat, then getting 10, then 20 (!) and finally 5.  Last time I think I got like 10's and 5's throughout.  Yeah, totally faster this time.  And the double unders I got in two quick rounds giving me a finishing time of 18:05!  Very happy with that time, especially seeing how I felt like I was not at max effort.  I got more in me!  Yeah, and Lindsey tore up her last time by about 10 minutes!  Freaking ridiculous.

Now off to ensure the Rangers don't screw it up again, and cheer Lincecum and the Giants over those damn Phillies (sorry KG!).

Never Stop, GET FIT.

Josh Courage

No comments: