Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Slowly Getting Control

Walden Working On His Muscle Ups!

You ever have one of those days where you feel like you just do not have a handle on anything?  Where everything seems to happen just out of your control and you just kind of breeze through the day just a little bit helpless?  I had a day like that yesterday.  While it was frustrating, it was nothing a little sitting back and getting things re-aligned wouldn't handle, and that's just what I did. 

In the gym I had Max Effort jerks (3, 3, 3, 1, 1, 1) and then I programmed in another muscle up metcon to make myself attack the weakness I was faced with so strongly last week at Balance Gym in DC.  As usual, I felt very strong with the jerks, but just did not have it in terms of mechanics.  I was able to get a little more hip engagement on the dip and push, which made me feel that much stronger, but it's that lock out that I just lose all confidence in.  I missed 3 attempts at 250#.  Each attempt I got the bar to a fully locked position with ease, I just locked it out in front of my head forcing me to dump the bar before I could adjust my body.  Today I have taken out a couple books I have on O lifting and will read up on it to begin the confidence building.  The honest to goodness next step is getting a coach to watch over me as I lift.  That's what I need!

The metcon was fine: 5 rounds of 12 hang power cleans at 135# and 3 muscle ups.  I got all the cleans unbroken except for the final round where the bar literally slipped out of my hands on rep 10 (forearms were FEELING this workout!), and I was able to get all the muscle ups in with only 1 or 2 misses per round.  I stayed very deliberate each rep to ensure I would get it, and this focus helped a lot.  My time was 9:04, and while I know this would be a sub-6 minute metcon, I am very happy with my time given my last muscle up outing.  (Video of this workout will be up later today).

After a not-so-well-prepared dinner, Lindsey and I decided we needed to re-assess our fuel preparation habits (which were so good up until a few days ago).  So, today I have a list of things to do, a plan of attack in bettering my chances of getting people to sign up for classes, and a shopping a meal list that will make our breakfasts, lunches and dinners the talk of the town!  Well, we'll see about that, but they'll be damn good, I know that much.

Never Stop, GET FIT.

Josh Courage

No comments: