(Dairy-free of course!)
I have been wanting to give breakfast a bit of a twist since all I really have been working with lately is different scramble combos. While I commonly don't like to use set recipes, I suckered down and opened up the great book Gourmet Nutrition (a gift from good friend Jim Bathurst of Beast Skills) and found inspiration.
Ingredients (I doubled the called-for amount in the book, this made 14 large quiches):
- 3 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped pepper (red or orange)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 whole eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 cup grated rice cheese (original calls for grated Swiss, do what you wish, I actually think it would be just fine with no cheese)
- 6 oz. deli style turkey slices
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Salsa (to use on top of quiches when finished. I used mango salsa, so good!)
- Muffin tray (with 12 or more molds)
Next, liberally spray the muffin tray with the olive oil and proceed to pour in your blended mixture. Fill each mold about 3/4 the way and then slip into the oven. Keep them there for 20-30 minutes, or until firm to the touch (no liquid should show when you press directly into the middle of them), then take them out and set on the counter to cool for about 5 minutes (they will shrink a good amount, just a heads up).
Plate a couple, throw on a spoon full of salsa next to them and enjoy!
Never Stop, GET FIT.