Sunday, November 21, 2010

Back At Siena College


Back in the cold of the East, I had a chill evening with my good buddy Kenny, chowing down on a late night omelet and a beer before getting some good rest in.  This morning, we got up (10am and I as still so tired), grabbed some food and headed back to my Alma mater Siena College for a little workout.  We played a game of one on one basketball to warm up (Kenny got me this first round...) and then  hit the weight room for a little clean and jerk work.  Surprisingly, I was feeling pretty fresh and cleanly got 230# with zero issues at all.  I moved up to 240# and missed the jerk on three attempts; same issues as before, I get the arms locked, just without getting my head through.  I push the weight forward and have to dump the bar at the last second.  I was happy though, 230# with ease with the "just get a little work in" mentality.  I look forward to attacking a heavier session late next week!

For a metcon I decided to get a little bench in.  There's nothing like a little meatheadedness when back at college, so, I wrote up this little one:

8 minute AMRAP of:
Max Reps Body Weight Bench Press (210#)
w/ 5 pull ups and 10 air squats every break/rest

I started off with 10, then moved to 6, then 5, then 5, then 4, then 2, 2, 2 and finally 1.  This means I got a total of 37 reps of bench with 40 pull ups and 70 squats.  My arms were hanging!  But it felt good to fatigue the hell out of them with heavy weights.  But, getting back to the basketball court after that for a couple games was a struggle to say the least.  But, ha, I got Kenny for both of them.  Boom!

No we're off to grab some good food, do a little Birthday shopping for the most wonderful lady on the planet (yeah, that's Lindsey!), and just hang for a little.  Forgive the lack of posts this coming week as Lindsey and I will be shooting back and forth from NY to MA and back to NY to visit our families.  We will be working out a lot, but getting posts in may be a bit of a struggle.

Never Stop, GET FIT.

Josh Courage

No comments: