Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sorry For The Miss


So it's been a few days since the last post, I am aware of that.  I have had so many things I want to write about and each time I sit down to do so, something come up.  So, I plan on two today.  This one, just about the past couple days workouts, and tonight I have a couple things I really want to talk about, things that I've been thinking about for a while now.

So, the past four days had me in the Winston Salem area of North Carolina for a baseball tournament.  My team did not fare too well, losing four games and finishing last of 10 teams.  A bit of a bummer to be honest, but so goes life.  We were able to get a couple workouts in however, the first was a stability and mobility session with a few players on the second day out there.  Nothing too fancy, just lunge work with planks and so on.  Yesterday however, now that was a fun one.  16 people came over to the globo-gym I worked a deal out at.  We all bustled in, warmed up, then split into two groups of 8 athletes.  With a running clock, each athlete performed one exercise for a minute, then quickly transitioned to the next exercise at the end of the minute.

KB Swings 35#
Weighted sit ups 50#
Stability ball planks
Overhead lunges 35#
Squat to press 25#
Farmers walk 45#
Pull Ups
Burpees

The only exercises that truly mattered was the burpees.  Each team had a running count, and the team with the most burpees won.  I think the final score was: Team 1 - 159ish, Team 2 (my team) - 161ish.  That was fun.

Then, almost the entire team (and I was very happy to see this happen), ran back to the hotel.  And this was no easy run.  At about 2.5 miles, it had an absolutely brutal climb right off the bat.  The, rolling hills along the main roads all the way back.  And, it was easily in the 90's with an insanely high percentage of humidity going on.  Most of us jumped directly into the pool when we got back, it was great!

Now home, after a 6 hour drive that began at 6am, I am going to chill by the pool, reading up on my fitness magazines and non-profit starting info books, then catch a movie with Ori.  A chill Sunday.  Tomorrow Lindsey gets to town, and I know we are going to get some damn good workouts in.  Thinking CrossFit total on Wednesday, see how the 5/3/1 fared on the first go-round.  But I have some fun metcon ideas that will get us outside and being extremely innovative!

Never Stop, GET FIT.

Josh Courage

No comments: