Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Random Pain In The Ass


So Monday, right around 9am or so, my sciatic nerve acted up like nothing I have felt before.  It literally knocked me over and I could barely function the remainder of the day.  I told myself that I would roll it out, stretch and what-not, and if it was feeling bad on Tuesday I would go in and check it out.  Needless to say, nothing was wrong Tuesday.  Strange.  So, I stretched it out, and was a little careful on it.

Yesterday Lindsey and I got a late workout in.  Push press, chest to bar pull ups and double unders.  Hm.  My push presses suck.  Like to a point where I just got pissed.  I may have to break off the second round of 5/3/1 and just do a complete shoulder strength focus for a couple months, because if I am truly failing at 205# on a damn push press, I need to get some serious work in.  All the other stuff was fine yesterday, chest to bars felt good, double unders felt strong, and the metcon of 3 rounds of 10 shouldering of a 52# sandbag and 25 TRX knees to chest was a fun one.  Today, I got a 1 second up, 3 second down x 5 deadlift work in, working up to 295# and feeling strong.  The went ahead with some light squat cleans and a fun little ab focus workout.  Tonight I'll get the 10-1 pull ups/push ups ladder in for something quick.

I have been thinking more and more about nutrition and how I am approaching things, and how I choose to help others approach it, and I will be posting up more thoughts on this over the next few days.  I am sold on nutrition being so much more important than most people realize in terms of overall fitness.  I want to learn more, and share more.

Never Stop, GET FIT.

Josh Courage

No comments: