Saturday, June 12, 2010

More PR's


This time around it was my turn to PR.  On 1RM Squat and strict overhead press, then a wonderful "Friday Fun-Day" chipper.  A lot of guys did not come in for this one as prom was the night before for some, and graduation was the day of, so all in all, only about 4 people came in (I also left early, headed out to California to look at locations to live!).

I was able to get 375# on the squat, after missing 385#.  I know I could have got 385, I did not put 100% into that lift.  But it was all good, I am well prepared to take on my over-400# goal.  On the strict press, the move I struggle so much with in terms on making actual progress; I was able to put up 165#.  A very low number in comparison to my other lifts, but still, 5# higher then my past best, and leaving me confident for my goal of 185#.

The Chipper:
30 squat
30 pull ups
30 squats
30 push ups
30 squats
30 box jumps 20"
30 squats
30 KB swings 53#
30 squats
30 ring dips
30 squats
30 burpees

Oh hell yes!  I threw on a 12# vest and did this in 12:42, feeling a little light headed but oh-so-damn-good!

Today, in California, I'll be driving up South Bay with Lindsey finding the perfect location to live.  Our plan in terms of working out is to randomly get 10 minutes of "Cindy" at least 4 times throughout the day.  So, every time we drive by a park with pull up capabilities, Cindy for 10 minutes it is!  I hope to get at least 13+ rounds each time through.

For all you CrossFitters waiting for the logistics, expect it at some point today (although I am on West Coast time, so it might post up early tomorrow morning for you guys) .

1 WEEK AWAY

No comments: