Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Back To Blogging



After a crazy week of planning, and then the great day itself, I am finally over (mentally that is) all the wonderful stress of putting on a competition.  It was a blast!  I am in the process with the video, it just may take another few days is all.  And when I post that up, I'll post a few more things as well about the whole thing.

But now, I am back to writing about my fun adventures in the gym!

Sunday, the day after the event, Lindsey and I headed over to the Washington Waldorf School grounds to bang out WOD #1, the 20 tire flips.  I felt pretty good with this one, and despite the rough blacktop taking its toll on the back of my fingers, I was able to get 1:18, would have placed me second at the Courage Games!  We then left for the double header I had to coach out at Langley High School, but, we brought along all the equipment.

Lindsey pulled out a modified WOD#2 on the football field, throwing the KB about 120 meters and then running the track.  The coolest part though, was that she added a twice up the grandstand stairs each time around the track to replicate the hills.  This meant she ran a decent deal longer than 800 meters.  Beast!

Between games we hit WOD#3 in a back corner of the parking lot there.  The one difference was that our sled push was 40 meters, rather than 50.  I pulled this one out in 7:14, felt so great.  The squat cleans were killer, but i think I made up most of my time on the sled and on the double unders.  I was able to pretty much sprint the sled, and then got the DU's in 2 sets.  Lindsey tore it up as well.  I do not remember her time, but she left it all out there, so motivating.

Monday I hit 3, 3, 3+ on the deadlifts and light weighted pull ups.   Got 390# for 6 and felt strong.  Tuesday I needed a bit of an ass-kicker, so, at around 8:45pm I did this:
500 meter row
21 KB swings 52#
21 Box jumps
21 GHD sit ups
400 meter row
15 of each
300 meter row
9 of each
200 meter row

Rest 2 minutes, then get 3 rounds of 100 double unders, with 1 minute rest between.  For every rest of miss on the double unders I would do 25 weighted jump ropes at the end.  I was able to get the first portion in 11:56, then only got 4 misses on the double unders.  This KILLED me.

Today, strict press, 3, 3, 3+.  Short metcon and a mile run test.  I'll begin back up with the training and programming as the days go on for the remainder of the summer!

Never Stop, GET FIT.

Josh Courage

No comments: