Thursday, June 3, 2010

Felt Good


(Picture taken by Lindsey at the tail end of our brutal workout up in the mountain in MA on Memorial Day)

Today I kicked my own butt a little bit, and it was so good.  I started on my new program a bit ago and was feeling pretty good, but then, it seemed to die out a little bit around Memorial Day weekend, with the travel, the wedding I attended and so on, I just lost track of getting my workouts in and eating as cleanly as I'd like.  But I feel as though I am back o track now, and today's workout was a great one!

6, 6, 4, 4, 2, 2 Box Squats
6, 6, 6 Front Squats

3 rounds with 30 seconds rest between attempts of Max Reps of:
Pull Ups
Push ups (all done with a 20# weighted vest)

AMRAP 8 minutes of:
11 KB Swings 44#
7 Push ups

I was able to get 315# on the last set of box squats and it felt way too easy.  I totally could have gotten a lot more, but I was happy (this week is supposed to be recovery week anyway).  The front squats, hm, well, I got 235# on the last set and had to break them up 3, 2, 1 as I had the shirt off and it kept slipping. Either way, it was still about as uncomfortable as I have always felt with these.  I need to do them more, my inability to get decent weight here just negatively effects so many other movements.  Next time the video camera will be rolling.

The pull ups and push ups were fun, tough, but fun.  I got 15, 14, 12 on the pull ups, and 22, 18, 14 on the push ups.  The vest really made a crazy difference, but I was happy to have my numbers relatively close, my muscular endurance/recovery is still pretty good.

The metcon was taken from my CrossFit certification course where we did this as a 10 minute AMRAP. I got 16 rounds then, and was hoping for 12 here.  I think I may have used a slightly lighter KB the last time (35# I think), but I was feeling like the 44# was a good weight.  I finished with 11 rounds plus 9 swings and felt completely spent.  Hypoglycemia hit fast and I felt pretty nauseous.  It was so nice to have that "all-out" feeling again, it's been too long.

Got some good stuff planned tomorrow, definitely a two-a-day kind of day.

So, the CrossFit Courage Games...haven't talked about them for a couple days now, and I hope that has not caused too much stress!  But, I am pushing forward with a whole bunch of things, and you guys should be preparing for the day, June 19th!

On Monday I will be sending out the suggested equipment list, so look for that.  And logistics of the days events will be sent out a week from tomorrow.  I am very excited to get to this event!

Never Stop, GET FIT.

Josh Courage

No comments: