Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Got Two In

Yesterday was a fun one; left my legs feeling very tired, not sore really, just very, very tired.  This was taken from OPT (www.optimumperformancetraining.blogspot.com) from a couple days ago, heres what I had:  In the late morning (just before 11am) I performed an AMRAP 10 minute 1-5 ladder of 225# back squat.  This means I did one rep, racked it, then two reps, racked it, three then rack, four then rack and five then rack and started over at 1 for 10 minutes straight.  This proved to be exhausting, but interestingly enough, I got deeper and deeper into the squat as I went along.  After ten minutes I had finished 5 rounds plus the 1, 2 and 3 of the 6th round.  I then rested five minutes.

Then I loaded 115# on a bar (supposed to be 30% of my 1RM) and did 6 sets of 6 reps jump squats with 60 seconds rest between sets.  I love weighted jumping, it is sneaky hard!  Then I did 5 sets of 20 GHD sit ups.  Tough, but did them all unbroken and felt strong.

In the evening, at 6:15pm, I returned for a metcon and endurance workout.  I did AMRAP 45 seconds of double unders, then a 15 second rest, the AMRAP pull ups and then a 2 minute rest.  I had 5 rounds of that and then hit the spinner bike for a low intensity 60 minutes of biking.  The metcon was really tough on the arms, and the entire bike ride I could feel the major pump from my hands to my shoulders and through the back.  Below is the rep count I got for that.

DU - 78, 74, 60, 60, 70
PU - 30, 17, 16, 15, 18

The bike ride was harmless, maybe a little boring...

Outside today, exorcist steps!!

Never Stop, GET FIT.

Josh Courage

No comments: