Monday, January 4, 2010

Fran

So, after a rough AM session where I absolutely struggled with 415# for a set of 2 on deadlifts, I was left with the need to get something done.

AM -
6, 4, 3, 3, 2, 2 deadlifts
(185, 275, 315, 365, 395, 415)
5, 5, 5, 5 power cleans
(95, 135, 185, 205)

3 rounds for time of:
Pull ups x 8
Push ups x 10
Inverted Rows x 10
Ring dips x 8
(4:15)

I did some glute and core activation work to start and then attacked the deadlifts.  Just flat out weak.  I have nothing left to say about that.  I then did a little something weird by doing power cleans post deadlifting.  I have to say, while they were a little weaker from the fatigue on the legs, I did actually like how focused I had to be on driving that much more with the lower half.  It really forced power transfer from the lower to upper body. The metcon was tough, but only because I was a little down on myself from the deadlifts.  It was a fun one though, I really like that specific collection of exercises, and I love doing strict pull ups!

PM -
long warm up

FRAN

Skill work (handstands, pistol squats along with some roll outs and planks)

I was hoping for around 3 minutes and was not filled with confidence.  But, with the motivation of a buddy who decided last minute to join me, I was able to pull out a 2:58, a time I am very, very happy with.  I am so confident that with a little more work on my butterfly kip, I'll be able to get this in sub 2:30.

Video to come asap!

Never Stop, GET FIT.

Josh Courage

No comments: