Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Short and Sweet!



Today, I was just about to take an extra day off to rest up for my Riding With Courage marathon, but, I was inspired.  My high school guys came in for a workout, and because we were not going to be having our regular Friday Fun Day coming up, they convinced me to let them do some tire and sand bag work.  As they pushed, and pulled, and ran, and keeled over in muscular and cardiovascular fatigue, I thought up a great little workout:

1 round for total time of:
20 tire flips (395lbs)
40 kipping pull ups
60 double unders

Consulting with a couple buddies, we decided that the total time should realistically be under 6 minutes, so now I had a goal.



Holy moly was this a tough one.

It reminded me a little of Fran, just total faigue over a very short period of time.  The tire flips destroyed the legs, the pull ups killed the arms, and by the time I got to double unders, well, I was struggling to get ten straight with how pumped my forearms were.  I finished in 4:17 and found myself gasping for a full breath still 20 minutes after the workout was over.  I think this is a great workout for future quick ones, sub 4 will be a perfect goal.

Off days tomorrow and the next day in prep for the big run, I will foam roll and stretch a bit, and really focus on a quick recovery from the 26.2.

Never Stop, GET FIT.
Josh Courage

No comments: