Monday, November 2, 2009

A Couple More Food Points

So, according to a couple different sources (CrossFit, The Zone website, and a couple other sites I found), I was able to calculate my daily block needs at 21 per day.  The way I will generally organize my meals will be 5 block meals at breakfast, lunch and dinner, with either 2 3-block meals between breakfast and lunch and lunch and dinner, or I'll break those down a bit more and have a very small something before breakfast (since I wake up so early), or after dinner.

I explained in an ealrier post how one calculates ones daily block needs, so I won't go in to that again.  It's going to be a bit of a process to get all this organized.  Here's how I'm going about getting started:

I printed out two large sheets that I found online that offer what a mini block of each macro nutrient would consist of.  What this means is that on the list, under protein, it would say that one block of protein would be 6oz chicken breast, and so on so forth with all other macro nutrients and types of food.  Next, I'll head to the store and stock up on the basics.  Then, I'll spend about 2+ hours in the kitchen putting together meals and blocks so that on later days I can just grab a few blocks and head out the door.  Those details will be posted over the next week as I put it all together.  Man, this is all so exciting!

Never Stop, GET FIT.

Josh Courage 

No comments: