Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Fun Little Workout

Yesterday I had a couple of my long time ball player clients/friends Andrew and Matt, come in for a solid workout.  We took the first little while down on the basketball court taking some swings (well, they did, I pitched the tennis balls to them...). Then we headed on upstairs for this:


Box Squats - 8, 8, 8, 5, 5, 3, 3

21/15/9 of
Kettlebell swings
HSPU (modified)
Rope climb (3/2/1)

I was happy to be able to get 315# without too much struggle for the last set.  The best part, Andrew was able to get the same wait for his last set of 3 as well!
For the metcon, I grabbed a 32kg KB and was planning on starting with kipping HSPU for as long as I could before I moved on to feet on box.  This workout was a good one.  It was pretty tiring and I finished with a 9:05 time; but I know that time would have been much, much faster given the fact that we were staggering our rope climbs.  From another perspective, it would have been much, much slower had I stuck with kipping HSPU's.  But to be totally honest with myself, once I got to ten reps, I was completely done.  I know that getting to 21 total reps of the kipping version would have kept me there for over an hour, or, I never would have finished...

Still, this is proving to be, BY FAR, my biggest weakness.  I have decided that I will reassess my efforts on achieving 1 rep of this exercises.  I will get one, one damn rep by the end of January!



Never Stop, GET FIT.

Josh Courage

No comments: