Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Back on track

Yesterday I had a great day:  a 6-mile run in the AM, took 42:32, felt so good, especially with the Vibram Fivefingers and the trails.  Then, in the early evening I put together a tough one that looked like this:

1-10 reps of:
RDL
Power Cleans
Thrusters
Burpees to Pull Ups
Court Sprint (30 yards)
(w/ 115lbs)

This thing took it all out of me and it was so rewarding.  I didn't expect it to take all that long, but those burpees to pull ups were such a drain.  Because you must perform a pull up at each jump, you can't really kip, so it ends up being this sort of jumped-into strict pull up and it just wears you out so fast.  I felt strong on everything else, and only had to break up the exercises on the last two sets (9 and 10), besides that, running back and forth on the court was a time consumer as well, but a nice muscle recovery.

All in all this one was damn hard, I really don't know how much fast I could have done it, it just got so tiring. 



This week will be a quiet week in preperation for what's to come.  I will be posting about a week long endeavor I will be starting this Saturday.  Expect the post on Thursday.

Never Stop, GET FIT.

Josh Courage

No comments: